Getting Ready!!

Last night I went to a wedding anniversary with Mommy and Dada.  I got all ready in a "christmas-y" outfit that matched Mommy and Dada.  The party started at 7:30pm which meant in IST that we were to arrive around 8 or after.  It was outside and quite chilly.  Good thing Mommy bundled me up in a coat and hat! 

At first, I was surrounded by faces I had never seen before, was a bit overwhelmed, and just stared-no smiling whatsoever.  But as the evening progressed, Dada let me walk around and explore.  I found the dance floor immediately and couldn't get enough of it.  Eventually, I knew this was territory I was ready to claim and a people group I was ready to share love!  We wished Aunty and Uncle a happy 50th anniversary, ate cake, snacked on yummy Indian food, and I insisted on being friendly!  I went to Bhaiya (brother-Uncle's son) and he took me on the dance floor.  It was AWESOME!  Then I reached out to go to Aunty.  With Dada trailing along in the background, Aunty showed me off to many MORE Aunties and Uncles of whom I insisted hold me as well so that I could look into their eyes and smile!  I.WAS.A.HIT!  It is so exciting to see their faces light up with joy when I show them that I want a few seconds of their time and want them to hold me.  One Uncle told Mommy that I was an exceptional child!  Mommy told him it was because Jesus put a great love in my heart for people.  She tells me that I should always love people in a way that brings glory and attention to Jesus and not myself.  (I'm not sure what that means, but I do like to fold my hands and pray to Jesus.)  The evening ended with us eating dinner at 10:30pm and then getting home around midnight.  Dada was so good to us as he let Mommy and I sleep in the car on the way home.

And if you can't tell by the photo...my excitement is growing as I am also getting ready for Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment